What time does school begin and end?

  • School begins at 7:55 and dismisses at 3:15.

What time is lunch?

  • Kindergarten  10:55-11:25
  • 1st and 2nd grade: 11:35-12:05
  • 3rd and 4th grade: 12:15-12:45

Do you serve breakfast?

  • Breakfast is served every morning in our classrooms.  It is FREE for every student!

How do I purchase lunch for my student?

  • If your student eats school meals daily or even occasionally, you may deposit money into their account.  Each student receives a "student number" for their account.  As they use that "student number" the account is debited automatically.   You may send in any amount to be deposited. Please be sure that your student's name and teacher's name are on the check, baggie or envelope.  To check your child's lunch account balance or to pay online, create an account at https://family.titank12.com/

Can I eat lunch with my child? 


  • Yes!  We encourage you to come and eat lunch with your child.  Come to the office to check in and get a visitor's badge before going to the cafeteria.   The cost of an adult lunch tray is $3.50.  If you bring outside food, only your child can eat the food.  Please do not share with other students.

Where should I go to get my child at the end of the day?

  • Car riders are brought to the front of the building.  We ask that you stay in your car, pull through the car rider line and have your car tag visible.  A staff member will load your child into the vehicle.  Please do not walk up to get your child from the car rider line.

Can I park and walk up to get my child in the afternoons?

  • Yes!  If you would like to park and walk up to get your child, you will need to come to the side door that faces the cafeteria at 3:15.  Please have your pick-up tag with you.  A staff member will be at the door and will allow your child to leave when you come up with your pick-up tag.

Can I send someone else to pick up my child?

  • You may give your pick-up tag to someone else to get your child. When we see the tag with your child’s name on it, we will allow your child to go with that person.  If the person does not have a pick-up tag, they must come to the office and show identification.  We will verify the person as an authorized person to pick up your child as you have listed on your child’s information sheet in the office.  If the person is not listed, they will not be allowed to take your child.

I need to change the way my student normally goes home from school. What do I do?

  • For temporary or occasional changes, always call the school office where a transportation change note will be written and given to your child and your child’s teacher.  Please call before 2:30 p.m. as the end of the day is a very busy time in our school.

Who do I call for bus questions?

  • If you have any questions about bus transportation, routes, pick up or drop off times please contact the Transportation Office at 479-890-8561.

What is the school attendance policy?

  • Attending school every day is vital for your child’s success.  We need you to have your child at school on time and stay until the end of the day.  Missing just 5 days during the school year can cause gaps in instruction and will negatively impact your child’s learning.  Students are only allowed 10 absences each year regardless of the reason.   Arriving after 8:00 or leaving after 2:00 counts as a tardy.  Arriving or leaving between 10:00 and 2:00 counts as a ½ day absence.

My child woke up sick. What do I do?

  • If your child is sick, he/she must stay home.  Please call the office (293-4241) before 9:00 a.m. and let us know.  Children must be fever free for 48 hours without taking any fever-reducing medication before returning to school.  Children must also have not vomited or had diarrhea in 24 hours before returning to school.  Always get and bring a medical excuse to the office for absences that are related to doctor’s visits.

My student has medication needs during the day. What do I need to do?

  • All medications, prescriptions and over the counter (including topical creams, cough drops, Tylenol and other various over the counter drugs) must be kept in the nurse’s office and administered by a nurse. The medication must be authorized by a physician using the official district "Oral Medication Authorization" form.  For your convenience we can fax a copy of the form to your doctor after you have filled out the parent section.  Call the office (293-4241) or come by and talk to Nurse Colleen for medication needs.

I want to visit my child’s classroom. How can I do that?


  • Unexpected visitors can be disruptive to the learning environment, therefore all visits must be scheduled in advance.  If arrangements have been made, you will check in the front office for a visitor pass before proceeding to the classroom.  For more on our visitation policies, please see our district website under Board policies.

My child’s birthday is today. Can I bring in cupcakes or special treats for the class?

  • No.  Birthday parties are not allowed at school.  Due to state guidelines, cupcakes, cookies or any other food items are not allowed to be given to students at school.  We are only allowed 9 days a year to serve foods that do not meet the federal nutritional guidelines. Those days are predetermined at the beginning of the year and consist of special school-wide events, such as Christmas and Valentine parties.